Wednesday, 14 August 2013

Hair Therapy Wrap


Hair Therapy Wrap. Microwaveable, Keratin bond safe, Optimised for hair oil treatment.
Gel Packs: 2 side pieces and 1 middle piece
Heyy guys!
I mentioned a few posts ago that I gave in and bought a heating cap. I don't have as much free time as I did before and I didn't want my hair care rituals to be sacrificed during the week (I.e cowashing and deep conditioning, which I tend to do on wednesdays). So when I saw that SheaButterCottage had stocked up on the Hair Therapy Wrap I just had to get my hands on it. I'd heard so many good things about this heating cap and I thought it would fit in well with my current lifestyle. So I picked mine up for just under £25. It comes in three colours: cocoa, pink and white. I purchased cocoa.

I should probably get into how it works now huh...

So the actual heating cap is made of a polyester material. It comes with three gel packs; two side packs and a long middle pack. They also provide you with three plastic shower caps which was awfully nice of them to include. You basically heat the gel packs either in the microwave for a few seconds or in water over the stove for no more than five minutes. You then leave them to cool and then insert into the cap. I actually don't own a microwave (which some people find really shocking lol no idea why) so I'm so glad there is the option to use the stove.
Once you've inserted the gel packs you can place it on your head and it secures with Velcro. I have braids in at the moment and it doesn't fit over them so I'm having to demonstrate on my polystyrene head. You get the drift though right?

I absolutely love this heating cap! It spreads the heat around your head in a really nice way. It's difficult to describe but I really feel it working. I get headaches when I'm too hot but this heat was subtle and effective. I was slightly doubtful in the beginning as the gel packs don't cover the very back of my head as this is where the handles cross to help secure the Velcro, but the heat managed to spread to this area well regardless.
I tend to use this for no more than 30 minutes, and so this has reduced the amount of time I'm spending on wash days considerably but I still have to comfort in knowing that I am still giving my hair the care it needs.

Have any of you guys tried the Hair Therapy Wrap and what are your thoughts on it?
Also do you think the use of indirect heat is necessary when deep conditioning? Let me know how you DC!

Take care.

7 comments:

  1. Glad to read you love this. I've always wanted to try it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! It's a good price too x

      Delete
  2. I usually deep condition when I work out to get heat that way. Want to give this a try though!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do that too, it's v. effective! x

      Delete
  3. Ah love it, ive been meaning to buy something like this.. Id like to think indirect heat helps absorbation but tbh i dont know for sure. I usually wrap my head with cling film and blow with the blow drier haha! .. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol same here! That works just as well but at least with the heated cap I can walk around and do other things x

      Delete
  4. I think I may have to purchase this... putting the packs in the microwave is a bit of a turn off for me. I'm notorious for leaving things in the microwave too long *covers face*. I'll either get this or a steamer.

    I get headaches when I'm too hot too, snap! x

    ReplyDelete

Hey guys! Thank you in advance for your comments and feedback :) I always reply, so be sure to check back regularly for my responses :) Take Care.x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...