Wednesday, 13 March 2013

My Fave hair spritzes!


Heyy guys!
Just thought i'd share with you 3 of my favourite hair spritzes. The main uses I get from using a spritz are to add moisture, aid in detangling and to soften my hair.

1. Good ol' conditioner and water

This combination is really good for freshening up my hairstyle. I loved using this spritz when i had braids as it always left my hair smelling nice and fresh. I also use this on my real hair to add some moisture to my new growth if it gets dry. It doesn't leave any product residue in your hair as its watered down. I usually squirt about 3 pumps of conditioner into the spray bottle and fill up the rest with cold water.

2. Aloe Vera Juice and water

This is one of my new finds. I've started using this recently as I heard it was a great new growth softener.
Aloe Vera juice is great for the hair.
- It can promote hair growth
-It helps to seal the hairs cuticle to lock in moisture
- It can balance your hair's Ph level
- It softens new growth
-It reduces dandruff and shedding
- Its a natural product and can be easily found (for a good price, might i add) in supermarkets etc. I actually purchased mine from Amazon though (here).

I mix 2 parts water: 1 part aloe vera juice.
This is probably my favourite hair spritz! I wish someone had told me about this earlier. It's like an all- in- one. It softens, moisturises and detangles my hair (in particular, my new growth) at the same time. You could go fancy and add some glycerin or rosewater also, but i feel that the AVJ and water is fine on its own.
I love this combination so much that I've been using it as my moisturiser most days, and i finish off by sealing with coconut oil.

3. Mane 'n' Tale Detangler

I first started using this wayyy back when I was only 4 months post relaxer (you can read the update and review here). I use this solely for detangling my hair. Its been a great help on wash days! I just spray it on my hair, and I don't even need to touch my hair as it separates on its own. It doesn't dry out my hair at all, and the nice fragrance always lures me into spraying more than I probably need lol. This product does contain silicones, so if you're on a no- silicones hair routine then you wont want to use this. I would recommend using the Aloe Vera juice + water mixture as it works just as great (if not better) for detangling.

If you are transitioning or stretching your relaxer I would definitely recommend giving one of these hair spritzes a try, and your new growth will surely thank you later! :)

Feel free to share your experiences, if you've given any of these a go.
Take care.

4 comments:

  1. I love using conditioner and water on my new growth, especially Herbal Essences! I've never tried Aloe Vera Juice, I might try it. Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeaa I def. recommend it. Let me know how u like it, if you do try it.
      And thanks! :) x

      Delete
  2. i just bought the mane n tail deep conditioner and conditioner , i haven't tried it yet though , however aloe vera juice and water leave my hair feeling really dry , i don't know why !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo cool! I haven't tried any other mane n tale products, but I heard they're good.
      Ahh really? Do you seal with an oil afterwards?
      x

      Delete

Hey guys! Thank you in advance for your comments and feedback :) I always reply, so be sure to check back regularly for my responses :) Take Care.x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...