Saturday, 27 October 2012

Transition | 4 Months post

Heyy!
If you read my 'I'm Ready...' post you'll know that I'm taking a stab at transitioning to natural. To keep you in the know, as well as a way of tracking progress, I thought it would be nice to do monthly check-ins. So as the title says, I'm now 4 months post (well as of last week). It's been a while since I've taken a picture of my hair on this blog so this is the perfect opportunity.
Now I've always known my hair wasn't completely black but I didn't realise just how brown relaxers made my hair was until I took this photo lol. The black area around my parting is my new growth and natural hair colour. I feel that my new growth is coming in quite nicely. I can not stop touching it though! lol. Does anyone else have this problem? I find that I can't keep my hands out of my hair especially when my hair is air-drying and the curls are extra... curly lol. I need to stop doing that :3

I'm in major need of a trim as you can see! I've been dusting my ends now and then at home but I haven't had a proper trim since April. 'So bad, I know. I think I'll probably do it myself to save some money and to avoid the tuts and frustration of my hairdresser, who I know will try and convince me to relax my hair lol.

Anyway, this month has been stress free really. Styling hasn't been difficult at all. I've been wearing a bun everyday and I try not to touch my hair again until it's time to moisturise and seal in the evening. I've had a few 'pops' from combing my hair too much so I'm trying my hardest to stay. away. from. the. comb. which is going well so far.

Regimen- wise, nothing has changed. I can still wash my hair normally, but in the coming months I may have to switch to washing in sections. I'm still shampoo- washing and deep conditioning once a week and co-washing as normal. The only slight change is that I no longer deep condition after co-washing. I don't think it's made any real difference and its saving me so much time. You can check out my hair care routine here.

Products- wise I'm using exactly the same products but I've incorporated the Mane 'n Tail Detangler into my wash- day routine as it's getting slightly harder than before to detangle my hair. This product has been a godsend for me! I just spray it onto my hair after drying it with a t-shirt and before I apply my leave-in conditioner. I wasn't sure it would work at first but it really does. It leaves my hair feeling fluffy and light. It has a nice, fresh scent and so I find myself liberally spraying it on my hair (which they encourage in the instructions lol).
I'm yet to try the detangler on dry hair, but when I do, I'll be sure to give my review.

I think that's all I have to report for this month :) Take care!

14 comments:

  1. Goodluck on your transitioning :)
    I really like Mane 'n Tail Detangler it works so well on my hair

    Kiwi..x

    ReplyDelete
  2. i cant stop touching my hair too.... last monday was my big chop and i love my new look so much better than the relaxed. good luck on yours :)

    http://afropium.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know i'm not the only one lol.
      Congrats on your big chop! :)

      Delete
  3. lol! it's so me !! when i was transitionning me too i couldnt stop to touch my cute new curls under my relaxed hair ^^ ! i think even, it's one reason why i cute my relaxed hair so quickly! lol i was too exited about living with my new TWA :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol ah really. I'm not brave enough to cut my hair yet lol x

      Delete
  4. Great growth! u really inspired me to start doing monthly updates too :) might do that from now on. either way i have an update coming up. its great to find someone who is transitioning now.. do u have a regimen post ? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea go for it! I look forward to reading them :)
      I don't have a regimen post yet but i've listed what i do in 'My Hair Care Routine' page at the top
      x

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete



  9. Found your blog. It is full of really good information. Thank you for sharing. If you ever need service on air conditioning repair please visit us at rheemteamcomfort.com. We would love it if you would have a look at some of our blogs and let us know your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. When it's about home or small commercial cooling we think about electricity savings.I appreciate this blog to share this information.but in office what is the environment and culture? Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Get all concept of commercial air condition system in office from accutrolhvac.com.If you are finding human comfort and safety don't forget to get touch with our daily blogs..

    ReplyDelete

Hey guys! Thank you in advance for your comments and feedback :) I always reply, so be sure to check back regularly for my responses :) Take Care.x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...